Sunday, February 19, 2006

PhotoBlog Experiment #2: London by Day

Apologies for taking some time to upload the rest of the photos but hope you enjoy these bits and pieces from my day trip in London:


The Piccadilly Circus Underground Station
Piccadilly Circus is home to the illuminated advertising that is so popular in London. A lot of people flock to the streets in Piccadilly Circus admiring the huge well-lit advertising billboards on buildings, as well as the other monuments in the area such as the Piccadilly Circus memorial fountain, the Angel of Christian Charity and the Criterion Theatre.



Harrod's

This sort of Pharaoh-like structure adds an Egyptian touch to the pseudo-museum at Harrod's. It is also in this area where the ring (with a 15 carat diamond - not sure about this but it was HUUUUGE!) and other remnants of Princess Diana's and Dodi's car crash are displayed for public viewing. I didn't bother to shop at Harrod's because it was soooo expensive and converting it in peso makes it all the more expensive.





The Buckingham Palace

The home of the Royal Family, this is where Prince Charles and Camilla and the handsome William and Harry lives. :-) We were lucky to catch the changing of the guards but a little bit unlucky that I ran out of batteries so this is my last decent shot of the Buckingham Palace.




We will Rock You @ The Dominion Theatre

Who would go to London and miss the West-End plays?!? Well, definitely not me! I love plays and even when the box-office online sites told me there were no tickets left, I still braved the cold icy London rain to check out if there were returns at the Box Office of the Dominion Theatre. Perhaps it was my lucky day because I managed to get one seat!!! It was probably the best play I've seen my whole life. But I won't spoil it for you so you better try your luck at the box office yourself! :-)







Busking with a Pied Piper

When I saw this busker fronting the Virgin Records, I couldn't help but approach him to get our photo taken. It's just so English, something I will never see from back home so I just went ahead...






The Popular Trafalgar Square and
Nelson's Column

This is one of the most popular places in London where a lot of tourists flock. This is a monument to commemorate the victory of Nelson at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805. Trafalgar Square is most famous for the pigeons that flock here in huge numbers but selling of pigeon food is prohibited by Ken.


Uhmmm and last one...

I actually forgot where I took this photo but it was probably somewhere between Leicester Square or Piccadilly and Oxford Circus. One of the best shots I took with my point and shoot. :-) If anyone out there reads my blog and knows where this is and what this is called, please leave me a message so I can update it!


1 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Thus is at Piccadilly circus just across from the statue of eros

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home